Michelle Kaskovich

Michelle Kaskovich was educated at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and Aberdeen University, Scotland. After receiving her B.A. in Literature in 1995, she served for two years as a Peace Corps volunteer in the Russian Far East.

A published poet, she then served as editor of a community newspaper in San Diego, California until the birth of her first child in 2002. Michelle currently lives in Hawaii with her husband and three children.

"To date my work in the visual arts has been centered on found objects, things I have unearthed in junk shops, photography and memorabilia I have rescued from second hand shops. Throughout all my travels I have found, to my dismay, that people tend to discard object memory. My inspiration has always been an intent to preserve these images and objects through poetry and visual art."