BETH E. ROY
CLICK TO ENLARGE IMAGES
Beth grew up in rural Michigan. Her professional art schooling was obtained at Austin Peay State College and Christopher Newport College.

In 2006 Beth was awarded an Honorable Mention for oils in the ACMC Festival. in 2008 she was awarded 1st place in oils at the ACMC Festival for the large landscape “Water Lilies." In 2009 she was awarded Best in Show at the juried Artist League of the Sandhills Pot of Gold Show. Beth and her husband Tom live on their farm in Vass, NC with 3 horses, 3 cats and a dog.


“Oil painting is the means I use to express how I see the world. I look for the play of light and shadows then encourage the contrast between them. I want that thrill of chiaroscuro in every work. Landscapes, animals and small children are my preferred subjects because their body language can express a story. Oil is also a very forgiving medium. It lets you play with multiple colors and express moods effortlessly. I enjoy capturing depth to my paintings by using a foundation of transparent colors. I want the eye to be drawn to that secret hint of under paint while the opaque colors bounce light back to the viewer.”